Saturday 29 January 2011

Character Concept

As my research may imply, I really like the character Scrat from the Ice Age films. His role in the films is very simple - to get an acorn and find a good place in order to store it. Despite having such a simple role, I could quite easily watch an entire film about him, as he is a very expressive character and conveys his horrible luck from his body language extremely well.

I wanted to create a character with a simple agenda like Scrat. So I came up with the idea of an animal trying to get to an apple at the top of a tree. After much consideration, I eventually decided that the animal would be a pig, as they are generally seen as greedy animals that would do anything for food. I decided to go with an animal because of the large amount of children cartoons, films, games etc that feature an animal as the main character.

Here is a basic sketch of my character:

Seeing as the animated character will aimed at an audience of 4-14 year olds, I have decided to go for a very basic modeling style.

This is only one concept, but I am already quite confident with the idea and am quite eager to get started on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment