Friday 28 January 2011

Tutorial Work - Cartoon Eyes

Our first task was to learn how to create basic cartoon eyes. This was actually much easier to do than I thought and has definately made me feel better about animating my character.

Here is my first attempt:


I tried to go for something different than the usual happy and sad expressions. For my first expression I went for a creepy smile look. I then tried to convey suspicion by having 1 eye wide open and the other eye with a slanted eye lid. I then had the eyes quickly blink 2 times. Next I went for a sad expression before finising it off by having the eye lids slowly close.

I am happy with the outcome, but I did not take full advantage of the tutorial. I was taught how to move the pupils, as well as change the shape of the eyes themselves in order to convey even more expressions. I will definately be using these techniques for my own animated character.

No comments:

Post a Comment