Monday 7 February 2011

Animation Progress and Edits

As of today, I have animated about half of my story board which has come to around a minute and 10 seconds. Here are a couple of screenshots of some of my unfinished scenes:








I was very satisfied with my progress until I was reminded that there is a 60 second limit to the animation. This unfortunately meant that not only would I have to cut about half of what I had already animated, but I would also have to leave out a couple of other scenes I had yet to animate. This includes the Rabbit character.

Here is a list of all edits that I will be making in order to fit the 60 second limit, using the storyboard as a reference:

1 - Cut out the entire introduction of Pigham walking towards the camera.
2 - Shave off 1 or 2 seconds from scenes such as Pigham looking at the apple.
3 - Cut out scene 8 where Pigham punches the tree.
4 - Cut out scene 12 where Pigham kicks the tree.
5 - Cut out scene 13 where Pigham walks away from the tree.
6 - Merge scenes 12 and 15 so that the apple lands on Pigham's head when he is sad rather than when he is walking away.
7 - Completely remove the Rabbit character.
8 - Change the ending so that Pigham gets the apple, but is then hit by several other falling apples.

I am quite sad about having to remove the Rabbit, especially as I have only just modeled him! However, if I want to keep within the time limit I have no choice. If I have time at the end, I may stick him in the scenes anyway. He can just watch Pigham try to get the apple and laugh at him.

I will make any other changes where ever necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment