Thursday 17 February 2011

Body Movement Videos

As part of our research, we were asked to find a few videos demonstrating body movements. I used 2 of my own videos that I had taken on my phone and found one on the internet, just for a little variation.

Dancing



This video is of my friends playing Beer Pong. In the background is another friend who is dancing. I just like the way he moves his body and arms, and think that it would be quite amusing to have a character dancing in a similar manner. It shows elements of happiness and excitement. Regrettably, I don’t think that using these movements would be of much use for my animation. At least, not if it is meant to be only 1 minute. If I had no time limit, I may have been able to make Pigham do it as a little victory dance when he picks up the apple. However, I have already gone over the time limit, so unfortunately I will have to leave it out.


Helium



This video is of a friend who, as the title may suggest, has inhaled helium. While this video does not necessarily have much body movement, it does have a variety of facial expressions. It shows how when someone is happy their movements become more upbeat.


Angry Walk



This video is of a woman walking angrily. While her expression does give away that she may be feeling angry, we can tell from the body movements alone what she is feeling. We can tell that she is angry by the way that she leans forward and stiffens her arm and leg movements into a march-like motion. At one point in my animation, Pigham angrliy walks off-screen and I have done exactly what the woman in the video does. Pigham leans forward, rises his arms and marches off.

No comments:

Post a Comment