Sunday 6 February 2011

Pigham Behaviour and Attributes

Pigham was inspired by the character Scrat from the Ice Age films. As such, I have aimed to model his behaviour after Scrat, while giving him enough of his own attributes to make him more of an individual character.

The most obvious similarity between the two is their constant attempts to get their food. All of Scrat’s movements are generally over exaggerated. I did want Pigham to also have over exaggerated movements in order to both suit the cartoon style of the animation and to appeal to the young target audience. However, I wanted to focus the movements more so on the eyes as I have always believed that they are the most important and defining part of a character. So using the character Zim from the Invader Zim series, I aimed to constantly make Pigham’s eyes as expressive as possible






No comments:

Post a Comment