Wednesday 16 March 2011

Opening Title and Scene 1

Inlcuding the opening and ending titles, the complete animation lasts 1 minute 20 seconds. When editing my animation together, I classed every camera cut as a new scene, making 11 in total. I will be briefly discussing each scene, going over how I made them, any problems that I had and so on.



This is the opening title to the animation. I didnt want the animation to just go straight in to it, so I decided to include an opening title in order to introduce the character's name to the audience, and to allow the music to nicely flow into the beginning of the animation itself. I also used an apple as the dot of the "i" to hint to the audience that an apple will have some significance in the animation.




Animation Procedures:
In this scene I wanted Pigham to walk along the path and then stop in his tracks when he notices the apple. I used footsteps mode to get him to walk and luckily, most likely because of the compact nature of the biped, I didnt have to edit any of the frames.

To get Pigham's eyes to move around, I used a pointer, like how we were taught in Richard's tutorial. The eyes lock onto the pointer and follow it wherever it moves, so I just had to move it and set a key frame at every position.

Character Personality:
Pigham starts off with a relaxed expression at first just to show that he has nothing on his mind. He eventually glances at the apple and looks away, before suddenly realising what he's seen and looks back. When he looks at it the second time, his eyes fully open and his ears and eyebrows go up. This is a typical cartoony expression which shows that the character is concentrating hard on something.

Camera:
I placed the camera at an angle which gave a nice view of both the apple and Pigham. This way, it makes it easier for the audience to identify what Pigham sees.

Problems:
I had one problem in this scene, which I have previously mentioned on this blog. During the animation of this scene was when I found that that using prop as a bone was a bad idea, as it would always follow the position of one of the hands. So Pigham's snout wold move around with one of his arms. To fix this, I just moved his snout back and placed a key frame. After this scene, I removed the prop entirely and replaced it with an FDD box.

No comments:

Post a Comment