Tuesday 15 March 2011

Shaky Camera

It was suggested by Richard that I made the camera shake when the apples landed on Pigham's head in order to create a better effect.

The first method that I tired was simply moving the target of the camera in the scene every frame and setting it as a keyframe. While this did work, it didnt create the effect that I wanted. The movements were too sudden and jerky.

So I had a look online and found this tutorial:



For this method, I set an assign controller to the position of the camera target. I then set a Noise Position which made the camera target randomly jerk around. Again, the effect wasnt perfect, but luckily, this way I was able to control the strength of the jerkiness. So I made it much smoother and in my opinion, made it perfect.



Unfortunately, the one problem that I had with this method was that I was unable to control the exact frames where the camera would move. Im sure that there would be a way to control this, but I just could not find one. So the best solution that I could come up with was to save the shaky camera as a new save file. Then I rendered the few frames in that save file where I wanted the camera to shake, and rendered the rest of the frames normally in the other save file. I then stuck them together in Premiere Pro.

I am quite happy with the shaky camera scene as I feel that it adds to the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment