Sunday 20 March 2011

Scene 10



Animation Procedures:
This is once again a short scene in which Pigham picks up the apple. When animating this scene, I did a silly thing and instead of making it possible for the apple to link to Pigham, I simply moved the apple over the hand and set several key frames to make it look as though he was holding it. At the time, I knew that there was a way of linking the apple together with the hand, as I had done it last year. However, I couldnt remember how to do it. It wasnt until after I had animated this scene that Richard taught us how to easily link objects together. I didnt feel the need to change it because I felt that it looked fine as it was. However, I know what to do in future.

Character Personality:
Pigham picks up the apple, looks at it for a second and the triumphently holds it in the sky. The one expression that I had trouble portraying with Pigham was happiness. Normally, in cartoons and animations, the eyebrows would angle upwards a little, and the eyes would close at an angle. I attempted this with Pigham, but I dont think I managed to succeed. It works to a certain degree, but some people may think that he looks more sad than happy. I should have attacahed an FFD box to each eye so that I had more control over the shape.

Camera:
I made the camera look downwards at an angle over Pigham in order to make it more dramatic when he holds the apple in the sky.

Problems:
The only problem that I had was trying to express happiness on Pigham.

No comments:

Post a Comment