Wednesday 16 March 2011

Sound

While I was animating, I was constantly thinking what sounds I could potentially use for each scene. Whether it was the noises Pigham was making, or the sound of the apple hitting his head. The one thing that I was stuggling with was what music should be played in the background.

I am usually terrible with this sort of thing. However, while browsing the Internet one day I came across a video with some amusing music that I thought would be perfect for my animation. The video is called "Socks with Sandals" and features a peice of music called "Merry Go" by Kevin MacLeod.



I thought that the upbeat nature of the music sounded like it would perfectly match my animation. It compliments Pigham's failed attempts at grabbing the apple, and especially fits the closing scene where the apples fall on Pigham's head.

I felt that the music fitting my animation so well that there was no need to include any sound effects at all. The music has an old, black and white TV show sound to it, and I felt that adding any sound effects would ruin the mood.

I am very happy with the music and believe that it truely adds to the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment