Sunday 20 March 2011

Scene 5



Animation Procedures:
In this scene, Pigham jumps on the tree, attempts to climb it but falls down. As he only had to jump once in this scene, I didnt bother using the jump mode. Getting Pigham to fit onto the tree was a bit of a problem, due to his snout poking out so much. I avoided this issue by having him at a slight angle on the tree. So from the cameras angle, it looked as though he was holding onto it normally, but from behind he was floating in the air.

Animating Pigham from laying down to standing up was quite difficult. It took me a while to get the animation to look fluid enough to be believable. I also had to animate him walking off screen myself, as it is not possible to use footstep mode after the biped has already been animated. While I am pleased with the result, I am thankful that he walks off screen as quickly as he does, because my walking animation was nowhere near as fluid as the built in walking animation.

Character Personality:
When Pigahm lands on the tree, he has a shocked expression on his face to indicate how difficult it is for him to keep himself up. This is further reinforced by him twitching as he struggles to climb upwards, before falling off. I made his eye twitch again when he lands on the floor to show he anger as failing to reach the apple again. He also walks off screen in the same position as the angry woman from my body movement research.

Camera:
The camera closely follows Pigham up and down the tree, mainly focusing on his face, allowing the audience to identify how he is feeling.

Problems:
As my original camera was mainly all at one angle, the lighting was perfect. However, as the camera angles are constantly changing with the new camera, the lighting was bound to be off in some scenes. In this scene, the camera starts off at an angle which shows a little of Pigham's back. Due to the position of the camera, this side of him was almost completely darkened. I didnt want this in the animation, so I added another omni light behind him to lighten him up. While this did work, it does cause a slight problem with the next scene. The new omni light is not present in the proceeding scene, meaning that when the scenes cut together, there is a noticable lighting difference.

I did not get around to fixing this. However, when I do, I will simply add the new omni light to all proceeding scenes in order to keep the continuity of the light.

Nother major problem was the bleeding effect which i have mentioned before. Due to me moving Pigham's position between key frames, he would slightly move between every key frame. This meant I was not able to keep him perfectly still. I fixed this by flattening the movement line on the dope sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment