Sunday 20 March 2011

Scene 7



Animation Procedures:
In this scene, Pigham gets up from hitting his head on the tree, taking a few seconds to regain conciousness. The main problem that I have when it comes to animating, is making a character move without the use of footstep mode. I feel that I am not at that stage where I can confidently animate a character walking fluidly without help. So I was not looking forward to making Pigham get up from the floor and move back to the middle of the path.

Having said that, I think that I managed to pull it off quite successfully. I made him push himself up and then stumble backwards. When people stumble, their movements are all over the place, so I didnt have to worry about making Pigham perfectly walk backwards. Even the part where he spins on one foot kind of works!

In order to get the eyes to move in circles, I just set key frames with them in different positions. I could have used 2 pointers, but I would only have been doing the same thing, only setting the key frames on them rather than the eyes.

Character Personality:
Pigahm has just hit his head quite hard, so understandably, it takes him a little while to fully regain conciousness. As I just mentioned, he stumbles backwards. In order to create this effect, I put a slight spin on the entire biped, as well as individual sections such as the legs. I believe that it creates a convincing effect.

The spinning eyes is also a standard cartoon effect which cearly shows that the character has been hurt and not fully concious. I made sure to give him a blank stare when he snaps out of his confusion in order to convey how he not quite sure what happened.

Camera:
The camera simply follows him from behind to infront of him. I wanted the camera to end up directly infront of him just like the old camera did. This is because I felt that for the very last scene, the camera should follow up exactly where this one ends.

Problems:
As I mentioned above, I had some trouble getting Pigham to get up, but I believe that I successfully pulled it off in the end.

Also, for the final time, I had the bleeding effect problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment