Sunday 20 March 2011

Scene 2



Animation Procedures:
In this scene, Pigham's pupils change to apples. In order to get this effect, I created a copy of each eye and then placed a UVW map of the apple on the copies. I then made these eyes invisible up until the point when Pigham closes his eyes. At this point, his normal eyes become invisible, and the copied apple eyes become visible. When Pigham opens his eyes, it create the illusion of his pupils changing.

Character Personality:
Charcter's pupils changing into food, or love hearts etc is frequently seen in cartoons and animstions. I believe it even happens to the character Scrat in one of the Ice Age films, which Pigham is loosely based on. This, and the fact that his body is completely still emphesises how much he is concentrating on the apple and shows how much he wants it. The background was also left blank, which creates a blackened effect. This further reinforces how much Pigham wants the apple, as it is almost as if nothing else in the world matters.

Camera:
I wanted an extreme close up of Pigham's eyes in order to emphesise how much he wants the apple. I made the camera slightly pan across his body in order to show how he wasnt moving.

Problems:
It took me a while to a while to come up with a way of replacing his pupils with apples. However, I eventually remembered that I actually used the visibility trick in my animation last year and sloved the problem by using that.

No comments:

Post a Comment